- BE * BE = ACB. Identify A,B,C. Ans : BE = 19
- 1/3 of water gets evaporated from a fully filled jar on the first day.
On the second day 2/3 rd of the left portion gets evaporated. What is
the amt of water left.
- There are 9 cards in three rows and three columns. There is a Red card
either in the first or second row. There are Three yellow cards occupying
3 columns. There are three green cards one in each row, and one being in
the last column. There are two Blue cards one being in the last row.
Identify their locations.
- I was in one of the 9 Aero-planes packed in a single rowIf the product
of my place from right and the planes to my left is lesser by three than
the product when I was shifted by 3 position towards right.
What is my position? (The figures in this pbm may not be exact).
- M, T, K, E, and A went to collect berries. Only M collected 40 berries.
She distributed them among all others, keeping nothing for her. On the
way T found 2 berries, K lost 2, E doubled her qty, and A lost half of
what she had. Then all of them were left with equal berries.How many
beries did M give to each of them.
- I walk down the escalator. If I walk 24 steps I require 34 min. If I walk
down 36 steps I need 26 min. What are the no of steps on the escalator.
( Puzzle no 27 of PUZZLES TO PUZZLE YOU by Shakuntala Devi)
- There are five people. Each one has a coin on his fore head. It is black
if he is a liar else it is white. A says I can see four Blacks. B says I
can see 2 black and 2 whites. WHo is lieing.
- A person was collecting end pieces of Cigerettes. He was managed to collect 49
pieces. We need 7 such pieces to make new one. So how many Cigerettes he can
- A person moving from a place(camp)., towards East one mile, then towards North
half mile, towards West 1/4 the mile, towards South 1/8th mile and again
towards East 1/16th mile and so on. That is the distance between him and the
- 500 men were arranged in 10 rows and 50 columns. They picked the oldest person
from each row and the tallest of these persons is 'A'. They replace them in
their places and again picked tallest person from each column and the shortest
of these persons is 'B'. Assume A & B are different people. Who is the
tallest person among A & B?
- The product of two nonzero numbers is 1,000,000,000. What are the
numbers ? (Both number don't contain any zero)
- There is Mathematician. He met his friend and asked about his children.
His friend told in the form of a problem that he has three children. The
product of their ages is 36. The addition of their ages is the door number
of his left side house. Mathematician went and checked the door number
He told that the clues are not sufficient. He gave another clue that
is his younger daughter is clearly younger. What are their ages ?
- There is a light glows in the interval of 13 sec. It glows first at one
hour 54 minutes 50 seconds and the last glow is at 3 hour 17 minute and 49
seconds. How many times is that light glow, with in these two times ?
- After spending 1/3 of money and then 1/4th of what remained and finally 1/5th
of what remained, I found that I had Rs.100/- left. How much money I had
at first ?
- A Black Smith was given a chain torn into equal sections of 3 links
each and asked to fix it. How many links(minimum) would he has to open
up and reforge ?
- There are six boxes, of which some boxes contain only red balls and some other
boxes contain only Black balls. The number of balls in six differnet boxes are
5,6,12,14,23,and 29. If he sells
- first person : I am sure you are at least 40 years old and I am 5 years
younger than you.
second person : I am 35 and you are atleast 5 years elder than me. None
of these persons spoke truth. What are their ages ?
- Orange cup has Orange Juice. White cup has apple Juice. %0 ml of
Orange Juice is taken and mixed with Apple Juice. From that mixture
50 ml is taken and poured into Orange cup. Now whether apple Juice
in Orange Cupis more or Orange Juice in White cup is more and by what amount?
- Ms. Sheela goes her home by car from Station. Her driver comes and
picks her up daily at 5.00 p.m. One day Sheela arrives at Station one
hour earlier and starts walking towards home. On the way driver
picked her up. By this they reached home 30 minutes earlier. For how
long she was walking ?
- Some students went on a trip to Goa in holidays. Unfortunately it
rained on some days. In a surprising manner if it rained in the
morning, they had a good afternoon and vice versa. They had 11 morning
visits and 12 afternoon visits. Altogether it rained for 13 days
during their stays. What is the duration of Holidays ?
- A survey was conducted for 100 people by Door Darshan
1. 44 people watched channel I
2. 43 " " " II
3. 27 " " " III
4. 17 " " " I & II
5. 14 " " " I &III
6. 13 " " " II & III
7. 23 watched none.
How many watched I II & III ?
- Two Swimmers at different rate but at constant Speed were swimming.
They met at 18 meters from deep end. Both swimmers took rest for
4.5 seconds. During their return they crossed at 10 meters from
ashlor end. What is the length of the pool ?
- Mr. Raj goes to Office by Train. First train in Main line Starts at
5:02:0. In Harbour Line it starts at 5:10:0. Every Ten minutes there
is one train. What is the probability that Raj travels in harbour line
at a random time of Driving the Station?